Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter 2008

We had a busy but boring week. Cole had practice on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. He also had piano and primary activity this week. For primary activity the kids had a bug theme. So they wore bug head bands stamped their faces and did relay races. Kamden went too they seemed to both have a good time. Kamden had dance on Tuesday and Friday. Kamden started t-ball this week. Today she has her first practice. She is so excited about playing baseball like Cole , mom and dad.

I had chemo on Tuesday. It was the first dose of round 8. I had an appointment with the Doctor on Tuesday and he said it was up to me. If I felt good we could go ahead and do 3 more rounds or I could do this one and then take a break for a while. We (Ryan and I) decided that we would keep going. It is better now than to do this again later. I can bear being more tired. We just want it to be all gone and not to have to do this again if we don't have to. So two more rounds after this one. I have the second dose of round 8 tomorrow. So I have 8 weeks left. I wont be done but hopefully I will be done with chemo.Yeah!!

I have been really tired but people in the ward have been good about making dinner 4 nights a week and helping me with the kids and the girls picked up my car pooling again. So I am back to not doing as much. We are hoping that helps me not to be so tired.

We spent a few hours on Saturday cleaning the house and yard. We had some people come look at our home. Then we went to Dennis and Melanie's to color Easter eggs. I was tired and come home right after. Ryan and the kids stayed for awhile.

Yesterday Carter and I went to Sacrament then came home. Carter has a cold in his eyes. So we were kind not to spread it around. We had a good time at mom and dad's. Dinner was so good and we played a few games and the kids hunted Easter eggs.

We have been reading the 12 days before Easter, Easter eggs. This year the kids did so while helping me tell the story about the Savior. I can't tell you how thankful I am for the gospel and the knowledge it gives me. I don't know how people with out the gospel go forward every day. I love my Savior and all he has done for me. What a wonderful gift! I hope I am able to teach me children how much they are loved by their Heavenly Father and their family.

I have pictures from this last week. I can't seem to find either camera. So when I do I will post some pictures.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Only 2 more to go, that is great news! I hope you get your energy back!
I love the 12 days of Easter, I forgot to do it with my kids until to late this year. Next year.....

Anonymous said...

I love hearing your testimony Rochelle. You will come through this WELL and with added spiritual strength. I had fun on Easter having you all here:) Mom