Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Nice Weekend!

We had a nice weekend. We attended a reception on Friday night. It was my visiting teachers daughter. We hang out and enjoyed seeing friends. We didn't do our pizza/movie Friday because we didn't get home until 9.

On Saturday Kamden and Cole both had their games at 9am. So we were up early to head over to their games. After their games we went to watch Kendall and Dad paint the trim on the house. j/k We actually went over to drop off a rocking chair Ryan picked up from some friends that were getting rid of it. While we were there they were painting so we hang out a bit and watched them and visited.

After that we run over to Costco to pick up tickets for our Disneyland trip. Oops didn't you know we are going to Disneyland. On Friday I found tickets from Pasco to Las Vegas for $19.00 a piece so we went ahead and booked a flight May 13th - 20th. We are all so excited. We were going to go in October. But with my numbers going up again we figured I would be on chemo again for a while and who knew if we would be able to go in October. So now while I am on break sounded like a good time to go. Especially since the tickets were so cheap.

When we go to Costco we always seem to end up picking up more stuff than we set out to buy. It is always just one or two things and then you end up with a full cart and a couple of hundred of dollars later.

After Costco the kids wanted to go to the skate park. Ryan had never been he thought it was or is a really nice skate park. The kids enjoyed themselves and it was really nice weather. We have only had a few good days of weather so far this spring.

Then we did our movie Friday on Saturday. Carter has been enjoying the Mickey Mouse Show. I think they are the ones that are on the Disney Chanel. Of course Kamden pick out Strawberry Shortcake. She always picks out something girl. And of course Cole always picks out an animal(usually dog) movie. The kids love having a camp out on the family room floor. Cole tried to get us to let them have their campout outside this weekend. He thinks it is warm enough to sleep outside. Not quite!

Yesterday I got some great news from the doctor read on the other blog.

Today I went in for my Herceptin. Herceptin is the drug that seeks out the HER2 NEU cell and kills it. So it decrease my risk of the cancer returning by %50. This drug is given to me through my port. I will probably get this every three weeks and it take about an 1 1/2 to 2 hours. They will add another drug to this when we are for sure done with chemo. So for today just Herceptin and some premeds. One of the premeds is Benydryl which of course makes my very tired for a while. Bailey was so sweet and went with me today because Ryan couldn't get off work. I enjoyed so much visiting with Bailey. I am so excited for everyone to be here for Jillian's wedding. I am sad that Mike, Jeremy and Issac couldn't come but I understand and am glad for those that can come.

No comments: